It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t like Italian food. In fact, it’s one of the more popular types of food available. (Just about everyone has had spaghetti in one form or another.) If you’ve been on the lookout for a good Italian meal, look no further than these top five, they’re considered to be the best Italian restaurants in northeastern Pennsylvania.
1) Casa Bella, 330 West Market Street, Scranton, PA 18508 Between the dressed-up atmosphere and the wide array of classic dishes on the menu, Casa Bella is exactly what you look for in an Italian restaurant. The service is as elegant as the menu, which offers up entrees like lobster ravioli and linguini calamari. If you’re in doubt as to what to order, make sure to check out the list of daily specials – you’ll definitely find something tasty there.
2) Café Toscana, 1 Public Square, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
Although Café Toscana may look unassuming on the outside, don’t let its appearance fool you. Behind the glass of this quiet storefront located right on Wilkes-Barre’s public square lurks one of the best Italian Restaurants in northeastern Pennsylvania. Between the quiet ambiance and combination of both unique and classic Italian dishes on the menu, you’ll feel right at home – and isn’t that the point of an Italian restaurant?
3) Roberto’s Pizza, 635 Luzerne Street, Suite 3, Scranton, PA 18504
A casual, comfortable atmosphere combined with good food are what put Roberto’s Pizza near the top of this list. The menu features both pasta and pizza, as well as sandwiches, including a tasty cheese steak that shouldn’t be missed. If you’re in the mood for a large meal, try the
Sicilian pizza. It will be more than enough! However, the traditional thin crust pizza is rather good as well.
4) Gubbio’s, 411 Chestnut Street, Dunmore, PA 18512
Inexpensive prices, good food, and a lively atmosphere are what make Gubbio’s special. The full bar has a number of cocktails, specialty drinks and beers on tap. On top of this, the food is a mix of traditional Italian (risotto, antipasto, linguini, spaghetti) and creative fare like deep fried, pretzel-crusted crab cakes, giant cheeseburgers and breaded, fried mushrooms. The combination of these menu options and the relaxed ambiance put Gubbio’s on our list.
5) Rustic Kitchen, Mohegan Sun Casino, 1280 Highway 315, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
If you’re in the mood for a fancier meal, make sure that you stop at Rustic Kitchen. Don’t let the name fool you – you need to dress up in order to enter this restaurant, there isn’t anything “rustic” about it! The menu options are straight out of a five-star restaurant, and include items like tuna tartar, hangar steak, prosciutto with mozzarella and classic spaghetti with meatballs.
The best part? Once you’re done eating, you can stick around and do a little gambling.
As you can see, not all Italian restaurants are alike. Some are more relaxed and serve a wide variety of foods, including traditional Italian fare and more creative meals. Others feature fine dining and an interesting atmosphere. Either way, there’s bound to be an Italian restaurant in northeastern Pennsylvania for you!
What did we miss?
Is there NEPA Sports that should be included on our list?
If so please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.